- City Info
- Things to do
- Events / Trade fairs
FRANKFURT GENERAL INFORMATION
Frankfurt is considered as a commercial and industrial powerhouse. In the Middle Age, a trade fair has been held in the place, which then started to shape it to be a business capital. Until now, the image of Frankfurt still highlights the influence that those expos and traders have made in there. Millions of visitors come and go in this place for business purposes, leisure time or the blend of both. A ‘City of Industry’ - that is what Frankfurt is renowned. With thousands of factories operating in it, the city lives to that name. Moreover, the Europe’s busiest railway station is found in here along with an airport considered as one of the continent’s largest. The medieval legacy of Frankfurt is alive with the many traditional houses that are half-timbered tucked in the city. In the charming district of Altstadt, formerly known as Old Town, The Home of Goethe is found and is open for touring. Some of the most important landmarks in the city are also located in this district such as the Rathaus Romer and Dom Cathedral. There are also a variety of traditional shopping districts here such as Goethestrase and Schillerpassag. During the WWII, the Old Town was virtually leveled due to the heavy bombing. Fortunately, some of the city’s gems that have managed to survive the bombing. Frankfurt also has its share of the immigrant population, which is thriving and large. The city has more than half a million residents in it. With the immigrant population, their cultural diversity ha more rich layers on it. In this city, their major aspect can be defined by the trade conventions. However, this is not that only thing that it has to offer. it also offers wealthy options for dining and wining, world-class venues for arts and performances and excellent museums.
FRANKFURT CULTURE AND HISTORY
CultureFrankfurt has a wide variety of museums, botanical gardens, performing arts, festivals, and nightlife. Through history, the metropolis has gained an amazing culture through its famous museums such as the Museum of for Regional Art, Museum of Communications and the Museum of Applied Arts. When it comes to botanical gardens, it has the Palmegarten that is located in Westend District and the Botanischer Garten der Goethe-Universität that has over 5,000 of plant species. Frankfurt is also rich in theaters and arenas such as the English Theater and Alte Oper. Each year, festivals are celebrated like the Museums Riverbank Festival and the Festival of Stoneware. There are also a series of clubs, pubs, and restaurants in the city. One of these is the Velvet Club and the Club 101. It hosts different kinds of entertainment and live acts. Aside from these, Frankfurt is rich in food culture. An example of these is the Frankfurter Rippochen and the Frankfurt Rindswurst.
HistoryFrankfurt is the largest city in the Hesse, a German State and the fifth largest city in Germany As an alpha city, it is rich in global culture, commerce, education, traffic and more. Roman settlements arrived in Frankfurt in the 1st Century. Nida was a made a Roman capital. At the time, the Alemanni and Franks settled there and in the 794, Charlemagne established an imperial assembly and named the place Franconoford. Frankfurt is one of the Roman Empires most popular cities. In the year 1372, an Imperial Free City is under the authority of the Holy Roman Emperor. By the year 1585, the merchants of Frankfurt made a system of exchange rates that ease the trading and commerce. This is the beginning of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The city remained neutral during the Thirty Years but lost its power during the bubonic plague. However, it regained wealth after the plague.
Nearby FRANKFURT Points of Interest:Frankfurt is not only rich in history and culture. It has also had attractive nearby places that fascinate not only the local residents but also the tourists as well. Here are some of the nearby Points And places of interest in Frankfurt:
Goethe’s House AttractionsGermany is also well known for being the birthplace of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. A nearby attraction is the house of Goethe where he lived from 1749 to 1765. The large house has elegant decors found in the dining room. The top floor of the house contains the writing room of Goethe where he has made most of his early works and where he played the puppet theater during his childhood.
The Alte OperCoined as the Old Opera House, this was constructed during the 1800s and classified in the High Renaissance Category. However, this was destroyed in World War II but was rebuilt and opened in 1981. Since then, it became the largest concert venues in Frankfurt. The new opera house became the center of theater and drama. Many live acts and rehearsals are made here from the nearby areas as well.
The Museum DistrictThis is one of Frankfurt’s enchanting places. The 12 separate museums have an outstanding collection of artifacts from all over Asia and Africa. The Museum of Ancient Sculpture has a variety of large collection of sculptures from Asian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Renaissance periods. Aside from these, the German Architectural Museum boasts not only the art of Frankfurt but also the nearby locations of Germany.
The Palm GardenIt is regarded as a largest botanical garden in Germany and since its opening in 1871; it has hosted activities such as boating, children’s playground, and picnic bonding. The residents of Frankfurt visit these during special events. Other Frankfurt parks are near the garden that visited by tourists and people in different parts of Germany.
Goethe’s Museum in FrankfurtThis Museum is near Frankfurt and has the writings of Goethe from the Baroque to the Romantic period. The place is widely visited by clients each year and many Frankfurt residents do come and visit the place to see the writings of Goethe.
Frankfurt Map and find the location with a GPS
Do you love travelling in the different parts of the world? Do you aim to have a unique and holistic experience? If that is the case, Frankfurt is the place you should include in your travel destination list. It has a lot of attractions and activities that you will totally love and enjoy. Whatever your goals are, you can achieve all those things. You can also witness scenic spots that will go beyond your expectations. Below are the Frankfurt attractions you cannot afford to miss.
1. RomerbergThis is an irregularly shaped square with Justice Fountain available at the center. It is a public square that is the most picturesque place and the busiest pedestrian zone of Frankfurt. It has a number of tourist attractions including 11 magnificent old buildings and banquets. It is well-known for New Town Hall, St. Leonard Gothic Church, St. Nicholas Church and many more. Once you witness how amazing Romerberg is, you will go home with unforgettable memories.
2. Goethe House and MuseumAside from that, it is also prominent for having the greatest writer of Germany who is Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. The famous Goethe House is where Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was raised. The house has great rooms to explore such as the dining room sumptuous décor and Goethe’s writing room. You can also see the Goethe Museum in the house which has 14-room gallery that showcases Goethe’s artworks. Furthermore, there are Goethe Tower and Goethestrasse that you can choose as well.
3. Senckenberg Natural History MuseumThis serves as one of the most modern museums all over Europe that can make you aware of Frankfurt’s culture. The museum houses the biggest exhibition of dinosaurs aside from a variety of displays that relate to the evolution of organisms and the planet’s biodiversity. It is also the museum where you can see the largest collection of stuffed bird in the world. Moreover, there are also English language tours and audio guides that are available at a more reasonable cost. Whatever your travel budget is, the place has suitable services to your needs.
4. Art CityIf you are an enthusiast, you can visit the Art City that you will truly appreciate. It is regarded as the most important contemporary art in Europe. In 1991, it has opened a magnificent post-modern building that has a vast collection of the leading artists such as Francis Bacon, Andy Warhol, and Roy Lichtenstein. It also operates an exhibition space that features younger and unknown artists. Apart from the Art City, there are Stadel Art Museum, Frankfurt Museum of Applied Art and Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt.
5. Old Opera HouseIf you have heard of the Old Opera House, you can find it in the heart of Opera Square in Frankfurt. In 1880, it was constructed with Italian High Renaissance Style. However, it was destroyed during the World War II. Fortunately, it was rebuilt in 1981 that became the most significant concert venue of the city at present. If you choose the place as your topmost travel destination, you may have the chance to see how Frankfurt artists perform. Choose now a reliable tour provider and have a great travel experience.
6. St. Bartholomew’s CathedralYou can also visit the St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral. It was built in gothic style and red sandstones that can truly captivate you. If you want to see Hans Backoffen’s stunning Crucifixion, you can find it beneath the tower. Frankfurt has many historic museums that can give you a travel experience you will always yearn for. When you enjoy travelling, you can include it to your favorite list. By choosing the place, you will never feel disappointed. You will know its culture that can broaden your perspective as well. Choose a tour service provider as soon as possible to witness historic places that can fascinate you a lot.
THINGS TO DO IN FRANKFURT
Fun, excitement and learnings? These things are a few of your reasons to wander around the beautiful places around the globe. When you achieve your goals in travelling, you will feel a priceless fulfillment in your heart, filling your spirit with overwhelming joy. So, if you really love adventure and travelling, then you will definitely appreciate the enticing beauty of Frankfurt. Never let yourself miss out the great chance of pursuing your passion for travelling. If you think that you already have the best knowledge about Frankfurt, wait until you unveil more about this breathtaking city. Frankfurt is a lively city located at the heart of Germany with rich history to tell, exciting nightlife and interesting people to meet. It is an ideal location for all travel enthusiasts because of its various activities that will satisfy your travel needs where you can get new memories to cherish. So, guess it’s time for you to prepare your travel stuff and contact your travel buddies for you to start your adventure at Frankfurt. Here are the list of interesting things you can do during your Frankfurt vacation.
• A sunny bike tour.Known as a cycle-friendly country, Germany will boost your interest with bike ride activities. Good thing, you may experience a fascinating way of having a tour downtown. Start your ride with a highly spirited heart and lead your path across the city’s famous landmarks like Goethe House, European Central Bank and Romer. Also, be connected to the medieval streets and get a view of the painter’s corner.
• Poetic day tour at Goethe House.The best way to fulfill your poetic dramas and writings is to visit Goethe House. Known to be the birthplace of Germany’s most influential and famous author and poet, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Frankfurt will surely fill your day tour with literary works. This museum gives you a living testimony of his life and valuable works. It is also considered as Frankfurt’s most notable historic attractions for the reason that it displays a bourgeois style house with period paintings and furniture decorations that will sure catch the tourist’s eyes.
• A closer look at Frankfurt.If you want to take a look at Frankfurt’s best views, then you should go to the Main Tower, the city’s sole high-rise that is open the public. Its name came after the Main River which runs at the center of the city of Frankfurt. You may take the elevator to reach its peak for you to enjoy Frankfurt’s cityscape. Here, you can enjoy sumptuous meals and delighting cocktails at the tower’s bar and restaurant which is located on the upper floor. Also, you may take photos of the city’s appealing top view.
• An appetizing sip of apple cider.Never end your day tour without taking a sip of Frankfurt’s signature drink Ebbelwoi or Apfelwein. Through their light alcohol apple cider, you will taste the city’s rich culture and story. This drink can be best found at the cobblestone streets of Cider Taverns in Sachsenhausen.
• Unforgettable walk along the Stadel Museum.Walk to the Stadel Museum and lift up your spirit for arts. This museum is considered to be the country’s oldest museum foundation which lets your eyes wander through its 700 years of European art collection with a great emphasis to Renaissance, Baroque and early Modern art. Surely, your eyes will be amazed by the featured works of Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Francis Bacon, Rembrandt van Rijn and Sandro Botticelli.
• Endless shopping at Street Zeil.Also known as “The Fifth Avenue of Germany,” Zeil will probably adhere your love for shopping activities. The shopping street offers you a complete place to shop your favorite stuffs with various numbers of boutiques, shopping center and international department chains.
• Go green at Palmengarten.The Botanical Garden was founded by a group of local citizens of Frankfurt in 1868 which lets you experience the horticultural journey from an African Savanna together with Europe’s exotic plants including rain forests and flowering plants. From this 50 acre garden with various green houses, you can enjoy more than 6,000 different species of botanical from different places around the world. As we all know, people have their own reason for traveling and it would be nice if you will include Frankfurt as a place for your next travel.
SHOPPING IN FRANKFURT
Shopping until you drop is a possibility here in Frankfurt. If what you are looking for is an excellent dose of shopping therapy – the malls and shopping centers that the city has will be perfect for you. A ton of things waits for you inside their best malls. Here, accessibility, selection, and convenience come together. Check out the vast variety of places Frankfurt has to offer. 1. Peek and Cloppenburg Most of the offerings in Peek and Cloppneburg are designer labels that are high-end. However, this does not mean that this will not be a great place for those with tighter shopping budgets. They are also featuring great options for clothing in middle prices be it for children, men or women. If you are into casual wears that are funky – the boutiques here have the great assortment for you. For accessories and shoes, you can go their department store.
2. Zeil Galerie and Mein ZeilDubbed as ‘The Fifth Avenue of Germany’, Zeil is clustered with the biggest department stores. It also has plenty of specialty shops and boutiques aside from its 2 shopping centers: Frankfurt Hoch 4 and Zeilgalerie. The city center is located between Konstablerwache and Hauptwache.
3. GoethestrasseIf you are into Haute couture, this is the best place for you. It has numerous boutiques from the top designers. Chanel, Jil Sander, Versace, Hermes, Prada, Ferragamo, Gucci, Tiffany are only to name a few. The sight here will amaze visitors.
4. FressgassIn your visit to Frankfurt, you should come in this place first. The concentration of gourmet shops, delis, restaurants, and cafes here is high. Fressgass in the Grosse Bockenheimer Strasse’ stretch found between Borsenplatz and Opernplatz. In the street, little tables lined up charming the people who go in there. Throughout the year, there are several public events are hosted here to give people a live entertainment. If you want a bite to a variety of foods – this place is the location where you should start your food trip.
5. Hessen CenterHessen Center is a large shopping mall with three levels. The number of diverse shops it is housing is now more than 115 in counts. Aside from that, it also features cafes and restaurants, a specialist on beverage and foods along with major department stores.
6. Galeria KaufhofThe food hall it has is the first thing that comes to mind when this place is mentioned or heard. But there is more to this city center. Everything that you want or need is already in here for you. From the toys for the kids to clothing for everyone and everything n between – this place has options waiting for you.
7. KleinmarkthalleIf food market is what you are looking for, this one is the one for you. Despite the exterior it has, which is nondescript, this place buzz with too many activities and color. It has 3 floors where you can find different food assortment – be it fruits vegetables, meat, and others. When you are touring a place, the shopping centers are definitely one of the places you will never want to miss. Here in Frankfurt, many shopping centers are worthy to visit and look around too. Whatever you are looking for, the place has the bounty of options waiting.
RESTAURANTS IN FRANKFURT
If travelling is your number one hobby, you should consider many factors before you choose a place. You have to consider scenic spots, historic museums and restaurants in order to have the best travel experience ever. If you are planning to travel but you do not have an idea where to go to, Frankfurt is one of the cities in Germany that you should choose. It has sceneries and tourist spots that can meet all your requirements. It is also the home of a wide array of restaurants that will never frustrate you at the end of the day. After visiting the city’s attractions, sit back and allow these leading establishments to take you on an amazing culinary expedition.1. Main Tower Restaurant and Bar – This restaurant provides a high quality culinary experience with a stunning view. In January 2000, it was officially declared as the fourth tallest in the city. You will be captivated with the spectacular panaroma of the place as well. Thus, excellent style and great ambiance are highly available. 2. Restaurant Villa Rothschild – This restaurant was given an award of two Michelin stars because of its outstanding services. It is surrounded by the Taunus Mountain and a park that can make you feel more contented. When you want a cuisine that is European-inspired, it is one of the perfect restaurants for you. 3. Villa Merton – This is one of the most elegant and stunning quarters in Frankfurt that provides delicious/extraordinary foods. They use traditional ingredients such as citrus fruits, olive oil, Japanese roses and wheatgrass beach nut/oil. Thus, healthy foods are one of their top priorities.
Trade Fairs Calendars in Frankfurt
Germans love to celebrate – in all ways and forms. Be it a wedding procession, chariot procession or a victory in a match, the enthusiasm never fades among Germans. They deeply know how to make best use of the occasions by making them notable for the entire life. But sometimes due to hectic schedules, they tend to forget a special fair or event they need to attend. The best alternative? They organize a fair calendar to make sure their presence will be met during important shows. Various websites in Frankfurt offers free online fairs calendars to create and organize all of their events in one large calendar. Regardless of the type of event you’re heading up, it can link to a single calendar. This is such an excellent way to offer residents with relevant information so that they can be able to choose whether they want to attend the activities or not. Especially for business owners, it is necessary to have the calendar in every person’s account. There’s no need to talk with many different people about the event, you simply need to view your own calendar to become updated of any information change. In addition to being able to see simple information about flair events, you can also add long descriptions about these events. Thanks to the advent of technology, flairs calendars also allow the people of Frankfurt to integrate it to their social media accounts like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Users can easily post on social media if they’re planning to attend a flair event. Pictures can also be posted from the event and attach them to social media.
Events Trade fairs and exhibitions in germany 2017
HOSPITALS IN FRANKFURT
In addition to being globally prominent center for transportation, commerce, tourism, education, finance and culture, Frankfurt also boasts many modern, topnotch hospitals that offer top quality health care at worldwide standards. Thus, residents and even expats are assured to pay proper attention to their overall health needs while making the most if their stay in the city.These leading hospitals offer special accommodations for global patients and accept major health insurances. Below is a guide to some of the better hospitals located in the wonderful metropolitan area of Frankfurt.
The University Hospital of FrankfurtA major healthcare facility in Frankfurt, The University Hospital of Frankfurt can be found in Theodor-Stern-Kai 7. It provides extensive medical service to a huge number of patients – from newborns to senior citizens, occupants to emigrants. The hospital was founded in 1914, and now has 25 research institutes and 25 medical clinics. The University Hospital of Frankfurt is regarded as one of the most renowned centers for many different types of transplant. Also, it is the only chosen center for pancreas and liver transplants within the city.
Hospital of the Holy Spirit GmbH (Hospital zum heiligen Geist)It is another well-known and most recommended hospital in Frankfurt, which offers effective and modern healthcare in a cost-efficient way. The hospital is considered the oldest health care facility in the area with its famous history of around 800 years. Hospital of the Holy Spirit provides the comprehensive array of medical services, which include gynecology, internal medicine, aesthesia, obstetrics, pain therapy, psychosomatic medicine and surgery. It only employs well-known, competitive surgeons in the area, thus the patient’s health are guaranteed.
Clinic NordwestTo be found in Frankfurt am Main, Clinic Nordwest in a multiprofile and modern medical institution. The clinical leads academic activities and medical measures on the basis of the University of Frankfurt Goethe. Now, Clinic Nordwest boast 3 research institutes namely pathology, radiology and laboratory medicine, 10 specialized clinic that provide diagnosis, rehabilitation and treatment of various diseases. Due to its quality healthcare services, global clinics and patients have recognized Clinic Nordwest, and assure everyone to continue providing the same quality of medical service.
Burger HospitalA multi-specialty clinic, its main specialization is the treatment of many different ailments of the internal organs. Burger Hospital has one of the best practicing in gastroenterologists, interventional cardiologists, gynecologists, endocrinologists and pulmonologists. This hospital is not only renowned for having professional, reliable doctors, but also for possessing remarkable achievements in the field of research. Quality, timely diagnostics and treatment are offered to all types of patients, as specialists go through regular training in medical clinics both locally and internationally.
St. Catherine’s Hospital (St. Katharinen Hospital)St. Catherine’s Hospital is a specialized multifunctional medical facility that strongly contributes to the healthy lifestyle promotion and public health care. Not just a renowned diagnostic center, because St. Catherine’s Hospital is very much equipped with modern equipment and tools, as well as combine the finest diagnosticians. Even the most intricate diseases are diagnosed and treated in the hospital, thanks to the topnotch equipment and doctor’s in-depth experience in the medical field. This clinic institution offers inpatient and outpatient treatment, plus emergency care and emergency services in a variety of critical situations. People who are planning to move to Frankfurt can surely find an outstanding standard of healthcare in the area. Those with a particular health problem can easily find comfort as there are lots of specialist hospitals suited to any medical need and financial plan. Expats who will relocate in Frankfurt will be happy to know that almost all medical personnel at hospitals speak English fluently, and there are only short waiting lists.
Lots of questions have been raised about Frankfurt, its facility services and so much more. Now, we will tackle and answer each of them.
FAQS FRANKFURT ATTRACTIONS
Usually, residents from EU member States, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland do not require an entrance visa. Also, this applies to the people of USA, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Canada, Israel, Japan and Australia. Residents of non-EU member States are required to apply for a visa to go in Germany.
If going in Germany really suits your interest and planning to apply for a visa for Germany, you will be referred to the German diplomatic mission (consulate/embassy) in your household country. You will receive an initial entry visa or a 1-year visa up front. Initial entry visa allows you to extend your stay after your arrival in Germany.
If you’ll be staying in Germany for over 3 months, you are required to register as a resident of Frankfurt with the Registration Office. There are many offices you can find across the town. You only need to tell your present address in Frankfurt and take your passport.
If you’ll be staying in Germany you never need Frankfurt Coordinates and map but as a Tourist in Frankfurt it is better to have the Frankfurt coordinates with you to find at list Frankfurt city downtown.
Frankfurt Map and find the location with a GPSLatitude=50.110922 Longitude=8.682127
Definitely, yes! The Main River’s both sides are lined with a comprehensive range of top museums. The southern bank itself is home to 9 museums, which include Deutsches Architektumuseum and Museum Giersch.
Frankfurt is in fact known for being a perfect place for tax-free shopping. Thus, it is suited for shoppers who are in search for quality designer buys but want to get rid of taxes. Zeil is one of the popular shopping streets in Frankfurt, which lines with smaller boutiques and department stores.